Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Caribbean squash stew

I just got home from a wonderful dinner party and I need to go to sleep. But I wanted to mention Bryan's fantastic Caribbean squash stew. He used a few different soup recipes, but basically it was chicken, black beans, squash, coconut milk, allspice, curry, and nutmeg. He cooked the squash in the coconut milk and then pureed some of that before combining with the beans and chicken. That's how he thickened it. It was delicious, very spicy.

Also must mention Robbins and Brian, who brought two kinds of brie ("this one was cheap, and this one was cheaper" Robbins said when I asked about them) and some gorgonzola. Robbins kept asking me if I was going to write him up in my blog. Yes, Robbins, here you are! Robbins and Brian were sexy gods this evening as always, and we couldn't keep our eyes off of them. But what I really want to know is when I'm going to successfully lure them to Brooklyn.

It was great to see all of our friends, some we hadn't spent much time with in a long time. That was the best thing about this evening.

Next post I'll write up the recipe for the pad thai we made Saturday night.

No comments: