Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, October 06, 2005

In which I own up to serving frozen foods on occasion

I do my best to maintain a certain balance in the universe. So after the industry and activity yesterday we needed a slacker day today. Jasper and I just went to the food cult, had lunch, and then he napped for three and a half hours. Another marathon nap! But did I busy myself with projects during this long nap? No! I put a package together and cleaned up a bit, did some laundry, but otherwise I have nothing to show for the three-plus hours.

Then, because I was on a roll, I served frozen foods for dinner. Just threw things on pans and into the oven. Today’s special was beef empanadas (by Rico M. Panada – GET IT?!?) and sweet potato fries. Oh, and I cut up an avocado as my slacker salad. For garnish I opened up a jar of mayo (for the fries) and some of that same old bone suckin’ sauce we used all summer long (for the empanadas).

It was a disturbingly tasty meal. Is food this easy always this tasty? Don’t tell me. I don’t want to know.

Following dinner we engaged in some nit-picking for dessert. This is a dumb game Lane and I made up years ago. Whenever one of us (usually me) started grooming the other, especially in public, we would then mime gorillas picking nits out of each other’s hair and nibbling. Only now Jasper, who has a precocious understanding of pretend, joins in. It’s great family fun.

1 comment:

Janet M. Kincaid said...

Adriana,

One of the things I love about your site is how open and forthcoming you are. The bit about nit-picking had me in hysterics. And I thought I was open!

Thanks for the bemused smile I now have on my face!

Janet