Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lox smorrebrod


I tried yesterday's idea, this time with layered tomatoes and lox. Creme fraiche would have gone well, but I made my quickie sour cream: 1/2 cup of cream mixed with a squeeze of lemon juice. This thickens up in seconds and tastes fresh and tangy. I topped with capers and minced red onion. I love lox on anything, so I liked it. Lane liked yesterday's smorrebrod better, saying he enjoyed the biting anchovy.

The boy kept going all day today without a nap. I kept us active most of the day, returning home around 7:00. He fell asleep within seconds of crossing our threshold. Now what? Is he going to sleep until morning? That would be nice. He starts this pre-preschool parent/child class that starts at 9:00, the hour he usually rises. So if he stayed asleep and then woke up around 7:00 that would be awfully convenient. Too convenient... What's more likely is he'll wake up at 9:00 and stay up until 11 or 12.

3 comments:

Writermama said...

What happened with Jasper? What kind of lox did you buy? And where?

Adriana Velez said...

A miracle! He stayed asleep and woke up at 7:45 the next morning. We were the first to arrive at his class.

Adriana Velez said...

Oh yeah, and the lox was just some Wildcatch stuff from the Coop. Not like the luscious stuff John got from Blue Apron for Emmett's birthday.