Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


Hope you mothers had a lovely day. Today I raise my glass of orange juice to my own mother, Norma, who raised five kids including my youngest sister, severely disabled from cerebral palsy. She raised us to be loving, engaged, thrifty and industrious, opinionated, fun-loving, and a little bit crazy. She loves gardening and used to make her own tortillas from scratch. Norma has reserves of energy that I am only now beginning to understand.

Lane made me eggs Benedict with lox. We also had strawberries with Devonshire clotted cream (because there's just not enough fat in eggs Benedict). Lane made a hollandaise sauce in the morning. Aren't you impressed? I sure am. Alas, he never wants to do it again.

Thursday night our Internet connection wasn't working (we had hot dogs and corn on the cob) and Friday night we had some disappointing (in my opinion) beef and ginger kabobs that should have been marinated, so I didn't feel like writing about that. Sometimes the cooking muses are silent.

3 comments:

liz said...

eggs benedict would be my last meal if i was going to be executed. it's simply the best treat ever.

shaunamama said...

Wow! What a wonderful Mother's Day treat! Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

janeannechovy said...

Tell Lane I am mucho impressed.

I've been thinking about eggs benedict as a book group dish--worth the effort?