Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Broccoli lite

Dangit, why isn't my camera downloading photos today? Now you can't see my completely generic photo of bowtie pasta with green things. But here's some more photos by Ignacio. Vote for your favorite one and I'll put it up as my summer profile photo. Maybe.

Bowtie Pasta With Green Things

1 lb bag bowtie pasta
3 bunches broccolini, chopped
5 garlic scrapes, chopped
1/2 lb goat cheese
salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil leaves for garnish

While boiling pasta place broccolini and scrapes in a steamer and cook together. Try not to let the overcooked pasta bother you too much. Drain soggy pasta and combine with broccolini, scrapes, goat cheese, salt and pepper. Add shredded basil leaves over each serving. Decide that it's actually not too bad.

What is broccolini? It's sweet baby broccoli, for when you're sort of in the mood for broccoli but want something smaller and milder.

5 comments:

janeannechovy said...

I like the middle one, because you can see both of your profiles.

Janet M. Kincaid said...

I like this series, but--and no offense Adriana, because you're beautiful--but I liked the one of Jasper with the Brooklyn Bridge in the background...

Typical me: always the contrarian...

Out of these three, though, I'm torn between the middle and the last one. And this photographer, Ignacio, is amazing!

liz said...

i like the last. your arms look awesome!

Adriana Velez said...

Thanks, Liz -- I don't deserve them because I never work out.

shaunamama said...

I love the middle one and the last one. I'm torn. I agree with Liz...your arms look great. I love that profile one, too. I'll go with the middle one of the profiles...I love your smiles.

I'm trying this pasta dish..it sounds divine!