Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fresh salmon at last

The Coop sells two kinds of fish: frozen and fresh, wild Alaskan salmon. The salmon appears only during the summer -- and it has finally arrived! We grilled some today with just a little salt and lemon sliced. I mixed some crème fraîche with fresh chives and tarragon and... pure heaven!
The Coop has just started carrying another favorite of mine, Israeli couscous. I made some today with a little saffron, and then I parboiled some green beans.

Jasper took a tumble down the basement stairs yesterday. He was about 3/4 of the way up, and it was horrible to watch. He scraped up the side of his face. This evening he stumbled down a short flight of stairs on the deck while trying to carry a large toy. He only let me hold him for a minute and then said "I walk down the stairs!" He wouldn't let me help him, either. He got back up where he started, and when I leaned over to take his hand he waved me off and said, "No! You go eat green beans!" What a determined little guy.

3 comments:

shaunamama said...

"You go eat green beans!" ??? How adorable and determined! Gee, I wonder where he got that determination from?...tee hee. I love your salmon recipe. I'm always up for a new and exciting salmon recipe. Thanks!

janeannechovy said...

Once again we are on the same wavelength. We had salmon earlier in the week (Copper River sockeye), but last night we had an old stand-by (for us) dinner of pork chops with pearl couscous, onions, carrots and peas.

I think the love for pearl couscous is in the same department as the love for frogeye salad. :)

Adriana Velez said...

YOU, JaneAnne, are in salmon heaven there in Oregon.