Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Meteor hits Prospect Park

So here I was, feeling like a dork for making meatloaf at home when obviously the thing to do was to see Rufus Wainwright perform Judy Garland at Carnegie Hall. But I got lucky tonight. We got pretty decent seats for the opening night at Celebrate Brooklyn, a summer-long festival we always attend as our friend, Monroe's, guests. At tonight's show we saw the spectacular funk legend Maceo Parker and his band and even Jasper got the funk out.

Just before the encore Jasper was whining for us to go home when Lane suddenly jumped up on his chair, grabbed Jasper, and yanked my arm up. "It's Prince, it's Prince!" PRINCE!!! I scrambled up and saw HIM, like a bolt of lightning in a white suit, and started screaming like a deranged thirteen-year-old. Then the top of my head exploded and my jaw caught on fire -- but not before I saw someone hand Prince a white handkerchief, which he dabbed gingerly on his lips before throwing it out to the audience. I was still vibrating on the way home.

So... if any of you stay up this late and can get up early enough, Prince will be holding a free concert tomorrow at Bryant Park at 7:00 a.m. That's right, in the morning.

Now I have to find some way to calm down so I can go to sleep.

2 comments:

shaunamama said...

If you haven't ever seen Prince in concert before, hold onto your hat. He is a powerhouse dynamo that just doesn't quit. He's incredible to watch. The last time I saw him, I swear I held my breath for the two hours he played.

Your are so lucky to see Maceo! Wow! I heard he was amazing in concert as well.

ticklethepear said...

Prince! I saw him on the Purple Rain tour when I was 15. I swoon!