Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Riffing on the panzanella



Is it "riffing on" or "riffing off on" or...? This is what comes of referencing outside my narrow field of knowledge. But here's my favorite jazz quote. A friend of mine once said, "I like jazz well enough, I guess. But I don't like that kind where it sounds like they're just making it all up."

Anyway, the salad:

tomatoes
red onion
stale bread
prosciutto
fresh mozzarella
fresh basil
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt

Basically it's an uncooked pizza.

I was going to tell you about my garden but it looks as if I need a new cable for the camera. Monday was a day of crankiness that culminated in a fever for Jasper this evening. It's only fitting that the camera isn't cooperating tonight, either. This photo is from a couple of weeks ago. I'm posting it because even though Jasper was whiny and kept taking my name in vain all day he's still my favorite little guy.

No comments: