Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Golden Country

Speaking of our Friday night guests, Jen just published her first novel, Golden Country. It's already in its fourth printing! She will be a guest blogger on Powell's next week and will be on Leonard Lopate (WNYC) September 6 at 1:00. We're so excited for her! Look for her book at your local store.

Jen leaves soon for a book tour. I have to admit, I'm terribly envious. She makes me wish I'd been a bit more ambitious myself before I had Jasper!

Jen was sweet enough to bring over two cool new books. My book is Kafka's Soup, a collection of recipes written in the manner of literary greats: Jane Austen's tarragon eggs to Jorge Luis Borges' sole a la dieppoise. Clever fun -- and Jen tells me the recipes actually work, too. For Jasper she brought Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich, silly monster tales in rhyme. Jasper loves it, but older kids already familiar with their monsters will enjoy the spoofs.

1 comment:

shaunamama said...

I'll have to look for that book the next time I'm in the bookstore! Golden Country...sounds like an REO Speedwagon song...wait...tee hee!

The other books look terrific too! I'll have to keep the eyes peeled.