Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Friday, September 29, 2006

As I was saying...


Maybe it's just as well last night's post flew away. It was one of those long, rambling posts that jumped from subject to subject. At any rate, I'll try and cover some of the topics over the next few days. As for dinner, you didn't miss much. I bought some fresh pumpkin ravioli and covered it with olive oil, parmesan cheese, and pumpkin seeds. Good, but how much can one say about store-made ravioli?

My favorite of last night's topics was, of course, Jasper, because he's becoming increasingly fun to play with. Lately we've been playing Jasper Cousteau's Ocean Adventures, donning our diving suits (his black pajamas and my black yoga pants and turtlneck) and finding the stuffed octopus. We take pictures of the sea life with our special underwater cameras. We also plunge into the deep in our submarine, the Bathysphere, make a little window, and watch the jellyfish, sharks, angler fishes, and seahorses swim by.

Lane took this picture this morning before I made the bed.

This game is all Jasper's idea. It's so exciting to see what facinates him, what captures his imagination and where he wants to go. I'm going with him for as long as he'll have me.

3 comments:

janeannechovy said...

Okay, those pictures (and the description of the play) are just painfully cute.

shaunamama said...

These pictures of you two are amazing! What a fun game! He's one lucky boy!

liz said...

cute! especially since it's a moment picture- in 5 years you will forget about this game he liked to play but the picture in your 'scuba gear' will bring it all back in a flash.