Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Friday night pizza II

I like Friday nights to be easy. For the past two Fridays I've made pizza using a premade sourdough crust and sauce from a can (Muir Glen organic). Last week it was topped with ricotta, a thick layer of basil leaves, fresh buffalo mozzarella, pine nuts, and sliced garlic.


This week's pizza had ricotta again along with oil cured olives, pepperoni, and mounds of grated mozzarella. I also made a salad of arugula dressed with olive oil and salt topped with sliced red pear and shaved Parmesan, drizzled with good balsamic.

My chives bloomed! The white blossoms have a sweet fragrance, not oniony at all. We were also graced by these pink flowers. I have no idea what the plant is, some sort of semi-succulent Lane dug up from the back yard. Meanwhile, the mystery vine has come to naught. My mom suggests that the flowers weren't getting pollinated.

3 comments:

shaunamama said...

These look wonderful. I'll have to try these recipes. I made my own crust last night. I put on a blend of mozzerella & Muenster with a tomato sauce and herbs, with bits of chicken cooked with garlic. We also added mushrooms and black olives.It's funny we had pizza on the same night!

Anonymous said...

Yum. Now I want pizza.

liz said...

Maybe next summer you can just live with us and I can be the nanny and you can cook. Kind of like that crazy polygamy gig but no hanky panky.

And we could for sure get on Wife Swap as an unusual family.

These pictures make me drool, but then I go back to my usual boring cooking.