Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Don't bother using a colander...


I tried out the spaetzle recipe in the October Living magazine. Spaetzle are funky little Swabian egg noodles. They turned out all right, but I can see why the spaetzle maker was invented. Read more adventures with spaetzle here. Ignore the two consecutive paragraphs starting with "One of."

By the way, did you catch that I did two posts last night? Because after the terrible twos post there was a post about the Spice Islands. Just in case, you know, you missed it or something. I would hate for you to miss one of my food-related posts.

3 comments:

Janet M. Kincaid said...

Adriana: The next time I'm in NYC, you MUST, MUST, MUST take me to Thomas Beisel's for dinner. (By the way, I wonder, as a Viennese, why he chose to spell Biesel that way? It's actually Beisl.) I haven't had a decent Viennese meal since I left Vienna 15 years ago and I've been longing for decent Austro-German food ever since. Please, please, please, let's go there the next time on in your neighborhood. Puh-lease....

As for spaetzl, never buy the dry stuff in the store. It's just too wrong for words. Homemade is absolutely the best. And, your my hero for making it. It's the one standard dish I have yet to make.

Janet M. Kincaid said...

Beisel and you're, you're, you're. Damn! I hate it when I make errors like that. Feh.

Adriana Velez said...

Yes! I would love to go to Thomas Beisel again. I just hope it's still as good. We could then catch an artsy fartsy movie at BAM across the street.