Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Shaunna's pizza crust with JaneAnne's sauce


Shauna knows why I had to wait until Friday to try her rosemary pizza crust -- Friday is pizza night. I needed extra flour to make it here, maybe because of the humidity and lower altitude. But it was wonderfully aromatic crust! New Yorker that I am I like a very crunchy crust so next time I make the crust I'll bake it for about 10 minutes before adding the toppings.

The next time I make the pizza I'll also try Shauna's pesto and chicken, but this time I was dying to try the squash sauce JaneAnne told me about (no blog of her own yet, but someday, right?). It was actually more of a paste. I steamed a small kubocha (amber cup) squash until soft. You could then puree the squash, but I don't mind it chunky so I just mashed it and set it aside. Then I heated a little olive oil in a pan, cooked some minced garlic, added the squash, and then added some thyme and balsamic.

With the fragrant crust and sweetish squash I thought some chopped red bell pepper and salty sliced ham would go well. Then I topped it all with slices of fresh mozzarella. A nice earthy, fall pizza.

This week was fun -- I'll have to try the "guest" blogging again! I just barely scratched the surface of the food blogsphere.

2 comments:

ks said...

Adriana,
I enjoy your blog and read it often, finding inspiration for creative new ways of combining ingredients. What a terrific idea--wish I had had it! I learned of your blog after googling Lane to see where he ended up after I became curious and nostalgic after finding my old BHS yearbook in my dad's basement. (We were friends maybe twenty years ago, before I transferred to a different high school.)

Anyway, you've done a wonderful job of depicting Brooklyn as a cool place to live. I thought you might find interesting a short (~2500 word) article about it in the Nov. issue of Travel and Leisure. I think the author sees Brooklyn through your eyes. Of course, the article touts the culinary diversity and excellence of Brooklyn, as well as other aspects of its personality.

Please say hello to Lane from me. You two may have the world's cutest son.
--Kim S in MO

ticklethepear said...

Did I tell you that Mohamed thought our new pizza peel was a sex toy?!