Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy birthday, three-year-old


The same kid, only more. More curious, mischevious, intense, silly, demanding, rewarding, talkative, wiggly, charismatic, surprising, wonderful. At three he can peel his own clementines, sing the ABCs, and suddenly his favorite person is Lane. Here he is, ladies and gentlemen, the boy we call Jasper:


A couple days after we returned from Europe, jeg-lagged. He fell asleep watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with a chocolate bar melting in his hand. I believe this is what we mean when we say "death by chocolate." And this is why I'm not winning Mother of the Year.

Tonight he was a little glassy-eyed because yesterday's fever returned, poor guy. At his request I made chicken with waffles (and a lemon-thyme gravy) and chopped up a pineapple, but he hardly had a bite. I hate that he's sick on his birthday.

But don't you love this crazy cow t-shirt Lara gave him? The tail is a little rope hanging off the shirt. OK, noodle, you have just a few days to recover before your birthday party!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear Jasper!!!! I love the cow shirt. I'm so sorry he's not feeling well on his third birthday! Hopefully he'll get better by his party, bless his sweet little heart. He shares his birthday with some of my favorite rockers!

Boy, you could sure tell he wasn't feeling well in that pic poor guy!

The favorite person will switch back to mom again. Then back to dad. Then back to mom. Sometimes it switches daily.

Get well wishes for the little guy and hugs for the family!!

janeannechovy said...

What a sweet sad little feverish face. Please pass along the best birthday wishes from our whole yellow (-haired, -dressed) family.

I like that tshirt almost as well as the AB/CD one I bit the bullet and got for L.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, St. Jasper! Love your cow shirt, dude! I want one.

Hope you're feeling better very, very soon.

liz said...

zane was sitting in my lap while I scrolled down and he pointed to the cow shirt and said "cute shirt mommy"

Mary Ellen said...

Adorable boy, even when illin'. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jasper! (Except it was me, not Di, who gave him the shirt...although Di helped pick it out, AND she did a fabulous job of wrapping it!)

Janet, I'll try to find a grown-up sized version of the shirt for you....

Co said...

Happy birthday, Jasper. The shirt is awesome.