Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Find of the week: blood oranges


It's blood orange season! You should be buying blood oranges and making blood orange juice. You should be mixing blood orange juice with tequila and triple sec for blood orange margaritas. Or, if you're a teetotaller, you should be mixing blood orange juice with seltzer.

Oh listen to me. I'm being so bossy. I can't help it, I'm an oldest child and blood oranges are really yummy.

By the way, it's OK to make margaritas in late February. Do you know why? BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER, that's why!


As long as you're having margaritas, why not also make some quesadillas. They're one of our favorite Lay-Z-Ranch zero-effort dinner specials. If you use the spectacular corn and black bean salsa by Desert Pepper Trading Company you can pretend you're getting your protein and veggie requirements in, too.

1 comment:

Swizzies said...

Mmm, the salsa's good - thanks for sending some my way!!! :-)