Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Asparagus 1, Jasper 1

So much for my second attempt at asparagus intervention. Due to circumstances partly under my control Jasper had brownies for dinner last night. Obviously I am dreadfully underqualified for my job and don't know what I'm doing.

Lane came home late and assembled the buckwheat crepes with mushrooms, cheese, and asparagus sauce that I'd started. For what it's worth, they were actually pretty good. I made the batter from the recipe on the back of the buckwheat flour package and let it set for 1/2 hour, something I'd picked up from reading other buckwheat crepe recipes. I sauteed mushrooms and garlic in olive oil, thyme, salt, and a little red wine. The cheese was Emmenthaler. The asparagus sauce was very easy -- just the remaining asparagus puree warmed with some cream and salt.

I like to think Jasper would have eaten and enjoyed the crepes had he not filled up on brownies earlier.

3 comments:

Swizzies said...

Step aside, Jasper - I will definitely eat your helping of crepes with super-delish a-word sauce...

Luisa Perkins said...

Whenever my kids miss out/turn up noses, I just think, "Goody. More for me." Those crepes sound seriously good. Whenever I read your blog, I then have to go foraging in the kitchen to assuage my watering mouth...

I'm intrigued by your ever-changing tagline. What's up?

Adriana Velez said...

It is as Swizzies says, I've been having blogger ennui.