Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

East meets east coleslaw and a slew of excuses


First, the slaw.

This is the child of leftovers. I finely chopped half a head of cabbage and added some mango, cilantro, lime juice, rice vinegar, and miso mayo. Miso mayo? Say it many times fast! Miso mayo is mayonnaise mixed with miso. If you can't find miso mayo or just miso try adding a little soy sauce into the salad.

And then add some crushed salted, roasted peanuts. That would have been better.

Check out Jane's cole slaw and her Rachel sandwich -- that's Rachel as in Ruben! And no, Jane, Jasper did not eat the slaw. He took one look and said, "I'm not eating that!"

cut and paste: http://www.thisweekfordinner.com/2007/03/featured-recipe-i-fought-slaw.html

Sorry for the clunky link and for the long absence. We've been having sleeping issues in our home. At this very moment Lane is trying to settle Jasper down so I can write a few #$%^@ lines here. There's a lot of screaming.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am totally loving Jane and her recipes!

Jane Maynard said...

your coleslaw sounds yummy! there was a recipe in "real simple" for a dinner with asian slaw topped with dumplings... yours sounds better, so maybe I'll do your slaw when I finally get around to trying it!

am I surprised jasper didn't eat it? unfortunately, no. :) toddlers!