Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fresh wasabi


I found fresh wasabi root at Sunrise Mart a few days ago! It's worth trying if you've never had it. From my limited experience it tends to be less spicy but more flavorful than the stuff from powdered, like a fresh pepper vs. dried pepper powder. I grated it on my microplaner for the smallest grind possible.


Funky little root...


And I had it with hand-rolled, brown rice, yellowtail maki rolls with cucumber, avacado, scallions and (sigh) shiso leaf. Oh I love shiso leaf! Can I call this the Adriana roll?

3 comments:

Swizzies said...

Dude, you roll your own sushi, too??? I'm SO impressed!!

Fresh wasabi sounds to die for...

Luisa Perkins said...

Adriana, I may have to fall down and worship you. VERY impressive--and it looks delicious.

Adriana Velez said...

Oh stop, both of you! It's easier than you'd think; you just need one of those little rolling mats. I got the recipe/instructions from Lesly Downer's At The Japanese Table.