Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Who are they, anyway?


I should have held a contest -- Swizzies, you would have won. That is indeed Nigella Lawson in the photo. Beside her is uber art collector and former advertising mogul Charles Saatchi. They're at the Frieze Art Fair in London, and no, I did not snap that photo. Lane downloaded it from one of his art web magazines because it amused him.

I do like Nigella's shows, though I've never tried her recipes that I can remember. I have used her clever idea of grating garlic cloves instead of mincing. If you do it directly into the pan you can keep most of the juices.

By the way -- yesterday's peas? I boiled them for five minutes and then mixed them with shredded chicken, mayonnaise, thyme, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and chopped scallions and grape tomatoes to make a salad. Then I spread ginger jam and the chicken salad on croissants. That was what I made for dinner tonight.

1 comment:

Swizzies said...

Her books are good, and the recipes are also pretty tasty. She is awesome, but why did she marry Saatchi? Alas, we'll never know.

Also - did NOT used to be better 'round here. Are you suffering from blog ennui??

Loving the green eggs and ham story. :-)