Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A meme and by the way

I am not so swift with the memes. Luisa tagged me on this one days ago, and I'm just now getting around to responding. Last time I was tagged it was Janet with a brilliant meme but there were so many obstacles I just never got it together. This time my excuse is that Lane was out of town for a couple of days and Jasper and I were too busy partying. Seriously, our apartment looked like Animal House the Toddler Years. We ate lots of ice cream. I bought too many toys. You don't want to know.

But back to the meme:

1. Go to Wikipedia and enter your birthday without the year:

May 16

2. List three events that occurred that day:

1568 Mary Queen of Scotts flees to England
1929 First Oscars are held in Hollywood
2005 Women's suffrage is won in Kuwait

3 List two important birthdays:

1929 Adrienne Rich
1919 Liberace

4. List one death:

1926 Mehmed VI, last Sultan of the Ottoman Empire

5. List one holiday or observance:

Teacher's Day in Malaysia

Speaking
of La Luisa, she invited me to participate in an online book group,
Tea and Madeleines -- guess what we're reading. Guess how far I've gotten into the first volume.

1 comment:

Luisa Perkins said...

How did I totally miss this post? Your birthday has got it goin' on.

It's so freaky; someone else I tagged had Liberace DIE on her birthday.

Are you hating the Proust? Give me some feedback.