Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Correction


Lane didn't serve his mission in Maryland; he served it in Virginia. Lordy, and that's no small difference. Maryland is a Yankee state and Virginia is THE SOUTH.

It's not Amanda Hess. It's Amanda HessER. Geez. Hesser. I've been reading her food writing for years and years.

Not much to report on dinner this week, I'm afraid. Last night in addition to the documentary swallowing another 2 hours of our evening (we're not used to watching that much TV) we hosted a coop meeting. I made rice and beans for dinner. Tonight Jasper and I got home late from a visit to the Met, aka the mummy museum, so I just bought one of those greasy rotisserie chickens from Key and made a quick cucumber salad.

Step 1: Peel and chop two cucumbers

Step 2: Mince some leftover red onion

Step 3: Sprinkle a little salt over the cucumber and onions.

Step 4: Mix with plain yogurt.

Jasper helped me peel the cucumbers. Finally, my dream of having my own prep assistant are being realized. He picked out this peeler (pictured above) at Williams Sonoma today. Great for little hands. When am I going to figure out how to make money off of all these endorsements I make?

2 comments:

Tania said...

Jacob ALWAYS wants to help me cook. Mostly I let him mash food with a blunt knife on a small bar cutting board. I think I'll have to zip over to get one of those peelers.

Luisa Perkins said...

One of the many joys of parenthood is the supply of sous-chefs and sous-gardeners. It's awesome.

I thought Maryland was south of the Mason-Dixon line? Huh. I always thought of it as the south, maybe because of the crab cakes.

Mmmm, crab cakes...I had some killer ones at Blue Fin on Sunday and I'm trying to figure out how to reverse engineer them....