Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

No playground PDA

Something Lane and I have noticed lately is the interaction of couples on the playground -- or rather, lack of. During the week it's just one of the parents or the nanny at the playground. But on the weekends you often see couples. They never hold hands or put an arm around each other. They don't even lean against each other. They barely make eye contact. Usually, they sit apart, staring into different directions.

I'm not suggesting we all start making out at the playground or anything, but if you're away from each other all week and the kids are off having a great time on their own wouldn't you think...?

Just an observation.

4 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

Very sad, but very true.

Kara said...

My husband and I noticed this in restaurants as well--one person talking on a cell phone, the other text messaging. What will be the effect of our modern society where there are so many electronic ways to entertain ourselves we no longer bother with social interaction?

Kara said...

I am not immune to the irony that I am typing this while ignoring my son's pleas for attention...

Lindsey said...

I see it in church all the time, too.