Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, July 23, 2007

In which I set Lane up for failure


I was reading the reviews for Schaub's and came across a recommendation for making hamburgers with their meatloaf mix. I was still working on a project by dinnertime, so I put Lane in charge of dinner.

"What's this made of?"

"I don't know. Pork? Veal? Beef? Whatever they have lying around. Why?"

It was falling apart on the grill. Next time someone tells you the meatloaf makes great hamburgers, give it a poke or two and see how well it sticks together.

Another dubious offering from the reviewers -- Brian H. has made up his own Fred's knock-off (see the first comment). Coffee grounds? I don't know about that. You try it first and tell me how it works out.

2 comments:

hm-uk said...

I used to nanny for a family who made meatloaf-esque burgers, adding one egg, diced onion (though I'd probably go for garlic) and breadcrumbs. The burgers were v v thick and cooked on a medium heat in a frying pan, not on a grill. Whadda ya think? I never made them, but I did eat them and they definitely had a bit o' the meatloaf about them...

Luisa Perkins said...

Well, that's a drag.

Now I'm wanting my bacon-wrapped meatloaf. I shouldn't read your blog when I'm hungry!