Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sesame green beans


Friday night I parboiled the green beans and tossed them with sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. They went well with the yakitori. Have you ever tried yakitori? So delicious for something so easy.


Years ago we visited Doug and Rebecca when they were teaching at the University of Maine in Bangor. One day we bought fresh-caught lobster and the season's last blueberries from a roadside market. After the lobsters we made blueberry crumble, and it remains among my all-time favorite desserts. Mmmm, add a little cinnamon; it likes the berries, too.

Remember, this is Fresh to Me week, so I'll be posting recipes later!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, YUM. We just picked blueberries last week and I am wishing it wasn't too hot to bake!

I'm very much enjoying your CA adventures. I can't wait to hear all about Chez Panisse.....

Kara said...

Oooh. Our blueberries in the backyard are just now turning that delicious deep purple/blue loveliness. Slurp! I love bluberry crumble! With ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream. Oh man, I know what we're having for dessert tomorrow...