Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

This one goes up to 11


Today is our 11th wedding anniversary. We're officially celebrating in a week or so when Lane's parents are here -- free babysitting, don't you know. We'll go to Chez Panisse. Duh, I kind of have to. Tonight, though, we had some of Schaub's spicy blue corn and chicken sausage with grilled polenta and red pepper. (Even their hot dogs are wonderful.) Don't you just love that yellow cauliflower? It looks just like buttered popcorn.


This morning on his run Lane cut some white roses and lavender for me. From the Stanford junior faculty gardens. This is why I love him.

Happy 4th, my US-residing and expatriate readers.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a great dinner at Chez Panisse, although the sausage/ cauliflower combo looked yummy too.

Hevansrich said...

Happy fourth and happy 11th!

shaunamama said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!
HUGS!!
Have a wonderful dinner. Kudos to Lane for the flowers...good job!

Luisa Perkins said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought the cauliflower was scrambled eggs at first glance. Yummy.

I can't WAIT for the detals of your CP experience--I'm sending positive energy Alice's way so that she's at her very best for you.

janeannechovy said...

Happy anniversary! Doesn't it seem like those 11 years have just flown by?

Have a great time at Chez Panisse. Should I send you any more Portland restaurant articles? :) Would love to be able to have a joint anniversary dinner with you two in our neck of the woods.