Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A day filled with favorite things


Sunday we went to Chinatown for dim sum with new friends.

Then we took Jasper to a nearby playground which was, unlike the playgrounds out here in the suburbs, filled with kids.

We bought some more olive oil at the Ferry Building.

Then I toured cute, boutique-filled Hayes Valley. I especially loved the Japanese designs at Cotton Sheep and the vintage perfume bottles, blue cabinet with white curiosities, and Fortuny scarves at Alabaster. I ended with macaroons, lavender shortbread cookies, and homemade cotton candy (Jasper's favorite) at Miette.

4 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

Oooh, lavender shortbread. And dim sum. Riches.

liz said...

CA is so going to miss you and all your exploring when you go.

don't forget to try It's It ice cream sandwhiches while you are here!mmmmmmmmmmmm

janeannechovy said...

What do you think would be the best way to make lavender shortbread? Crush the blossoms with the sugar (a la lemon sugar), and then strain out the big bits? I'm always looking for other uses for plants I already have in my garden.

Adriana Velez said...

JaneAnne, that sounds about right, though in a great cookshop in downtown Half Moon Bay I saw some lavender sugar. I bet that's what Miette uses. I've been to the cookshop twice and now I'm kicking myself for not buying it. I'm sure you could find it on the Internets somewhere.

Liz, I've tried the It's It sandwiches! Thanks for reminding me -- it's time for another.