Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Libra's cake


Our friends had us over for dinner and Libra made her famous cake. She combines three different recipes to create a rich, dense cake with layers of her own lemon curd and topped with glossy seven-minute frosting. Her own lemon curd! Glossy frosting that's almost like marshmallow! She gave me a big chunk to take home. Well, she gave us a big chunk to take home. I have to share it with my family. Damn family! Der, I mean, I love you family, have some cake.

It's times like this when I want to ask for a recipe but I won't because it's that person's specialty. That's Libra's cake, or Lane's fried chicken, or Mom's zucchini bread. I associate the people in my life with certain foods, and it would just be wrong to try and duplicate these foods myself.

2 comments:

shaunamama said...

OH my, that cake looks moist and yummy. I do the same association thing. If I want great Greek food, I go to my friend Suz'. French Silk pie...my mother-in-law.

Great. Now I'm hungry. That seems to happen a lot when I come visit your blog.

Luisa Perkins said...

Really? I like making others' specialties, especially when the creator lives far a way. That way, when I make it, I feel like that person is visiting. I always share my 'specialties' with anyone who asks.