Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to school


Jasper starts preschool tomorrow. He starts school tomorrow! I'm excited for him, of course. I think he's going to love it. But I'm especially excited for me, because now I can work all day from 8:45-2:30 UNINTERRUPTED!

I know I mentioned school last year, but it was just a parent-taught, two-hour class with six other kids and I never got anything done during this time. This, on the other hand, is REAL preschool, as in drop off your kid and run happily back into the warm, loving arms of freedom.

So after spending the day at the Natural History Museum we made quesadillas and guacamole for dinner. It had to be easy. It's a school night.

7 comments:

Tania said...

Is that picture from the Caboose at the "This is the Place" state park?

janeannechovy said...

Yay for Jasper! I know he will love it (though I guarantee you he will be really tired and probably cranky when he gets home, at least until he adjusts to the schedule). What are you going to do with yourself? Hopefully lots of really fun things that you'll blog about. :)

Luisa Perkins said...

Wow! What will you do with all that uninterrupted time?

Hevansrich said...

wow, preschool from 8:45 - 2:30! That's as long as my elementary age school kids go. My preschooler only goes from 9 -12 3 x's a week. hmmmm.....

Enjoy your day!!!!!

Adriana Velez said...

Ladies, it's me, the English major who married an artist and settled into a ridiculously expensive neighborhood in New York City. I have only one child. What am I doing? Pilates followed by lunch with the girlfriends? Mani pedi followed by shopping? NO! I'm earning some freaking dough so we can put our son through college, have a dignified retirement, and even have a little left over to finally realize my dream of buying a Pronk blouse.

Heather, pre-K goes 9-3 five days a week in NYC (next year for Jasper), so this year I'm starting him at 9-3 two days a week so he can warm up to that level. If it goes well I may try to step it up to 3 days a week in the winter.

Adriana Velez said...

Oh yeah -- and good eye, Tania! That's the caboose from Pioneer Village. It was so fun, too.

Jenna said...

Just saying hi. I pop in to read your blog and drool over your luscious pictures of food. Good luck to Jasper in school!