Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, September 10, 2007

Cannelloni bean salad


I found these fresh cannelloni beans at the coop. Ugly ducklings on the outside...


Beauties on the inside.


Boil for about five minutes and then combine with ripe cherry tomatoes, red onion, herbs, good olive oil, a little lemon juice and goat cheese (or some shaved parmesean). I like the way goat cheese melts into the oil to make a sauce.

Speaking of olive oil, I ended up giving my mom my precious bottle of Stonehouse olive oil. But it's all right because you can get it here in New York -- at their store on Front Street (South Street Seaport) and at Park Slope's own Blue Apron. They even refill your glass bottle there. I love you Blue Apron!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yum!

Margo, darling said...

What herbs go best? I want to make this right this minute! It's nice to have you back cooking out of the Coop's offerings. Makes the world seem right.

shaunamama said...

You found them at the coop? This means you've left Utah?
How sad.

Maybe next time. Glad you enjoyed your visit. Give the family hugs from me!

Adriana Velez said...

Margo, you could use basil, marjoram, or thyme, maybe finely-minced rosemary.