Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Herb butter


In order to hasten our deaths I added a pat of herb butter to our steaks. If you're brave and careless with your health, here's how to make it: just mince some herbs like basil, thyme, marjoram, chives, or rosemary, and stir it into softened butter. Add as much as you like. Also, add about a teaspoon of kosher salt per 2 tablespoons butter.

Said butter is also good on potatoes, bread, poached veggies, and your fingers.

You can offset the buttered steak by dipping your oven-baked onion rings in tomato sauce instead of mayonnaise.

2 comments:

shaunamama said...

Now THAT'S a meal I can sink my teeth into! I'm trying that butter this weekend. yum.

Lindsey said...

"and your fingers" is my favorite.