Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

How was your first day of school?

Jasper's first day of school went freakishly well. He got up on time, and hour earlier than his usual, cheefully. Lane took him to his class and he went running towards the toys without so much as a backwards glance. When I picked him up he was completely nonchalant. Oh hey, Mom, I'm just hangin' here with my crew. According to his teacher, he acted like he'd been going to preschool all along and had a great day.

What happened to the clingy, wild yahoo? Could it be that he was actually ready for this? Or was yesterday just beginner's luck?

3 comments:

Kate The Great said...

The boy seems well-suited for more changes in the world. After discovering a time machine that zounds and isn't dangerous, he's ready for anything.

I enjoyed spending time with you guys.

Luisa Perkins said...

In my experience, the separation anxiety sometimes kicks in after the novelty of the new school wears off. Or sometimes when the child sees other kids putting on the drama--just as an extended experiment.

But sometimes not. You never know.

shaunamama said...

That's how my tiny little kling-on three old boy reacted to preschool...all two years of it. I couldn't believe it. I expected tears, tantrums and lots of snot but barely got a kiss goodbye.

This won't be the first time his reaction will surprise the heck out of you.