Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Utah: no plural wife, but good food

Well, we were hoping to find a nice investment banker who would earn tons of money for us and never be around, but no luck. Guess it's not our time for a new wife after all. But the food in Salt Lake keeps getting better and better. Here were our two favorites.

Acme Burgers: Great new place in downtown SLC. Burgers are made with grass-fed beef (Lord, we thank thee) and are scrumptious. They also have vegan options and a lamb burger, as well as non-burger dishes. I also loved the lunchbox full of crayons, paper, and little plastic toys they put on the table for kids. A kid's menu is printed on one side (Yoda on the other side) -- clever and inviting. The proprietors also own Santa Fe's Cowgirl Hall of Fame restaurant.

Les Madeleines: Pastry shop also downtown. Yes, Lindsey, the kouing aman is sublime. Why can't we get this in NYC? I also loved the citrus pate de fruit (blood orange and bergamot), rosemary shortbread, and lemon madeleines.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I know! SOOOO good, right?! I have to say this--all the other goodies were much better quality last year. I think I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt--they did just move locations and all. New staff. A new scene. Next time I'll be the harsher critic. I do still LOVE the rosemary shortbread--good or bad.

Why have I not heard of Acme? I'm going there next time I'm in town. I'm getting a little weary of our usual places.

Missed seeing you there! Let's meet up in our neck of the woods sometime soon.

Luisa Perkins said...

Ooh, bummer; sad I missed those two spots. But I had some terrific lamb at Aristo's up by the U, and my sister swears by the Metropolitan (I tried to go there for lunch one day, but they are only open for dinner).