Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, September 24, 2007

Wonder Bread


There were two things that I really miss about California: the wonderful smells (jasmine, lemon blossom, eucalyptus) and Alvarado Street Bakery sprouted wheat bread. The bread with protein. The bread that makes me feel alive, like I can do anything. That bread.

But guess what? Yes. The Coop carries the bread. Can you believe it? Maybe there really is a god. Of course, it's frozen. I wasn't sure I could get into the habit of eating frozen bread every day but once I toast it, it's still pretty good. I can't find locally-baked sprouted wheat bread here. Guess it's too much a California thing.

1 comment:

Luisa Perkins said...

I do love me some Alvarado Street. I've only had it previously frozen; I can't imagine how good it must be fresh.