Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, October 08, 2007

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow the walruses die

We are in the midst of an unseasonably-warm-weather-cooking boycott. Today I put together a salad with two mushy, overripe mangoes, some red onion, jicama, and avocado. I thought about making a dressing with lime, tequila, and triple sec but we're out of tequila. So I just used lime. I know many are reveling in this summer-like weather but all I can think about are melting polar caps and dying penguins.

But it's not all gloom and doom here at WIMFD; over the weekend Maddy killed her first mouse. Yeah, Maddy, way to earn your keep around here! Now if only we could get Jasper to wash dishes.

1 comment:

Luisa Perkins said...

Go, Maddy! Her first winter with us, Goldberry killed 17 mice.

I can't enjoy this weather. To me, it is a portent of doom, even though I am still harvesting Charentais melons.