Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wild boar pot roast bla, bla, bla


Here's what I'll be making all winter long: all-in-one pot roasts with meat and veggies. Step one, brown a piece of meat. Step two, dump veggies in dish. Step two, add meat. Step three, douse with olive oil or butter. Step four, add lots of salt, herbs, spices, other flavorings. Step five, cover and roast until done. Optional step six, remove veggies and meat and reduce drippings (maybe adding stock, wine, butter) for a sauce.

I feel like I've written out these steps a million times in this blog. These meals are almost always good and there are hundreds of possible variations. But do I really need to blog about it every time I make it?

Here's something I may not have already posted about: I also roasted garlic in this cute, wee little pot from Swizzie (THANK YOU). I'll probably use it in the split pea soup I'm (most likely) making tonight with ham hock and carrots. But I probably won't post about it because you probably already have a few split pea soup recipes. What is the point of this blog again? I'm losing sight of my purpose these days. Sometimes I just want to make dinner, eat it, and move on with my life. Sigh.

3 comments:

Kate The Great said...

You may feel like you're not posting anything exciting lately, but your food pictures are lovely. This last one especially: purples and yellows... Ah. Good stuff.

Luisa Perkins said...

Well, your bla bla pot roast is a page right out of my book. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I am so grateful that you blog. I feel solidarity with your coop-buying, locavore-leaning, in-search-of-honest-tastiness posts. You're constantly inspiring me not to wimp out and crank out a tuna casserole for my screaming hordes.

Not that you were fishing.

Adriana Velez said...

Aw, thanks you two.