Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Chevre and chantarelle-stuffed pork chops


To tell you the truth, I think this would have been better in chicken. I didn't get the sense that the goat cheese/mushroom stuffing had much to say to the pork chops. At any rate, the recipe:

3 boneless pork chop or chicken breasts
1/4 cup chevre
1/4 cup chopped chantarelles or other mushroom
2 T minced fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
bread crumbs
olive oil

Split each chop crosswise almost all the way, leaving one end intact so the chop opens like a book. Combine chevre, mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stuff into chops and then tie each with twine. Season on each side with salt and pepper and dredge in bread crumbs. Brown in olive oil over high heat on each side, then cover, lower heat and cook until done (about 20 minutes).

Yes, those are the Chovy family's orange potatoes. I also made that kale salad from Franny's. Have kale salad and you can skip your giant, chalky calcium supplement! I love this salad so much I bought two bunches of kale so I can make it again later this week. I love this salad so much I'd probably married if I hadn't married Lane first.

2 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

Yum. I think I'd try this with boneless chicken thighs.

kellypea said...

We're great lovers of goat cheese and mushrooms, so I don't need too much convincing. But I do agree that chicken is a better idea. I like to saute and cool the mushrooms first, then mix with the cheese and stuff. YUM.