Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cozy

I made a tea cozy by cutting off the neck of an old turtleneck sweater.

While I was at it, I picked up an idea from Domino and turned a perfume bottle into a bud vase. Their idea was using a perfume bottle with a stopper. I used a perfume bottle with an atomizer and I ended up doing this clumsy job of dismantling it. I'm sure that's not quite what they had in mind, but it worked! Now I have an excuse to buy myself a flower every week. Here it is beautifying our bathroom.

Finally, the paperwhite bulbs I planted just three weeks ago have already bloomed! Now they are even bigger than in the photo here and so fragrant.

Two of these bits wandered from my kitchen theme, I know, but they're part of my ongoing efforts to brighten the dark corners of winter.

1 comment:

ks said...

Adriana,
Your cleverness extends well beyond the kitchen, and is inspiring. I love the tea cozy!