Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A home for Anubis


Jasper and I have been studying ancient Egypt, in particular the funerary rites -- you know, making mummies. So for Christmas I bought him a little set of figurines and then started looking for a pyramid. No one makes them, not even China. Maybe it's the sharp point on the top, but wouldn't you think...? Well I had to make my own soft, non-lethal version. Oh sure, it's not historically accurate. But considering how Anubis likes to vacation with Thoth and Isis on Mars, does it really matter?


I started getting delusions of gradeur -- I'll make a bunch and sell them on Etsy! But I don't know if that's how I want to spend my winter. Plus, in order for it to be worth my time I'd have to sell them for about $50, and who would pay that? But maybe I'll pitch the idea to a toy manufacturer. Because kids need their toy pyramids.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

well, i for one am completely impressed!