Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Turnips get a second chance


Thanks to Swizzy and Ms. Tewkesbury for turning me on to raw turnips. They do taste like raddish, only milder. I made a salad with two turnips, two Jerusalem artichokes, one fennel bulb, and a little radicchio. The dressing was just meyer lemon juice and good olive oil, but I think a dressing with orange or tangerine juice would have been even better, especially with a little mustard.

We had this with bison sausage from Lancaster County (???) and Amy's golden raisin and fennel semolina bread.

4 comments:

Swizzies said...

YUM!*

*(Minus the radicchio of course ;-)

ME said...

What's a Jerusalem artichoke? Is it like a regular artichoke with a different pedigree?

Luisa Perkins said...

Mmmm, that DO look good. I am a big turnip slaw fan.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Wow! I might have to try this. I have a feeling Bee would like it. Although, I'm with Swizzies. I'd have to go sans radicchio.