Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Almost there


I signed up for this life so I'm not allowed to complain, and I'm not complaining, exactly. I'm just saying I'm so glad Lane is almost finished getting ready for this show. The past month he's been working 14-hour days 7 days a week (with the exception of Houston). Happily, he's loved just about every minute of it and is excited about this body of work. The pictures ship Wednesday and the show opens Friday. If you're around, come by and see.

Meanwhile, back on the homestead Jasper and I have been keeping each other entertained and avoid the downward spiral into household filth and chaos. My least favorite part of all of this has been facing this scene night after night after I've finally put Jasper to sleep. No, my least favorite part has been not seeing much of Lane, but my second least favorite part has been cleaning up after the cooking at night. Tonight I'd finally had enough so I ordered out Indian (so many tasty chutneys!). Yet for some reason I still have a pile of dishes to wash. Oh, I look forward to Wednesday night.

"Make art! Make art!" Yeah, OK Glen Hansard.

7 comments:

Hevansrich said...

wow Lane's show looks amazing. Congratulations on that!! And good for you, too, holding down the fort, as they say. I think you are doing great work with Jasper and your family and again, I really admire you for blogging about it, warts and all, as they say. Kitchen clean-up in the evening is absolutely unavoidable, and apparently universal. Its nice to know I'm not alone.

liz said...

wow. speechless. go lane. go adriana. OT in art work and motherhood work are equally draining.

Swizzies said...

OMG, I love Lane's stuff...as always. "Shot in the Dark" and "Loma Prieta" are seriously making me covet...

Wow.

Sheri said...

i feel you. ed's out of town for work. not making art. so see? things could be worse... i personally hate everything about 5pm to boys' bedtime when i'm alone.

Luisa Perkins said...

Stay on target...

I hate kitchen clean-up. But I do love a clean kitchen. It's a problem.

Luisa Perkins said...

Okay, you may get sick of hearing this, but man. Lane is so brilliant.

Adriana Velez said...

Thanks for the comments on Lane!

Yeah, I hate cleanup but love a clean kitchen, too. Sigh.