Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Corn tortillas are here again



When Get Fresh opened in my neighborhood a few months ago I thought, oh that's nice, but I'll never have any use for that place. Get Fresh makes local/seasonal/artisanal prepared foods like soups, lasagna, salads, pork chop dinners, and crab cakes. Great, but I like to do my own cooking, thank you.

Yet they keep luring me in with their Adirondac Creamery ice cream, Ronnybrook Farms yogurt, and all right I'll admit it, occasionally their prepared dinners (four-cheese macaroni and cheese, oh my). One of these days I'm going to pick up some Rick's Picks pickles. But what I'm most excited about are the hand-ground corn tortillas from Hot Bread Kitchen. I love this organization -- it's not just a baking company. Take a look if you have time.

You may remember the wonderful Primavera corn tortillas I found in California. I finally found tortillas that make me just as happy here in New York. I've been making sharp NY cheddar and radicchio quesadillas with these blue corn tortillas and this tasty salsa. California, I miss you a little less today.

2 comments:

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

I love salsa verde! That quesadilla looks divine. Can I come over and have one?

Lindsey said...

I wish I lived in your neighborhood. Sigh.