Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008


I want to be a good blogger, really I do, but my life keeps getting in the way. This week's excuse is that Lane has been working day and night on his upcoming gallery exhibition so I've pretty much been on my own this month, entertaining the boy, planning our upcoming trip to Houston, fighting against the forces of chaos that threaten to swallow up our tiny home, fighting off a cold.

At this moment I am recovering from taking Jasper to school in the rain and slush. I'm posting like a slob on an unmade bed with a tea tray dangerously balanced on the rumbled blankets (I can make tea but I can't make the bed?). Anyway, poor me. We should all live so well. But I do feel kind of like Riche Tenenbaum sitting on the tennis court with one sock on one foot, the other foot bare.

Perhaps, perhaps, I'll get it together to post once more before we leave for Houston to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. I have a date with my husband tomorrow. A date, and a sitter. Tomorrow will be very, very good. Happy Valentine's to you all.

4 comments:

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Adriana and Lane!

P.S. When is Lane's gallery opening? And where?

Luisa Perkins said...

Oh, give yourself a break.

Yesterday I remembered your Valentine's post of last year and snickered uncontrollably. You could just re-post that.

Have a great time!

Swizzies said...

Hi there...a question for your eventual Q&A-ness:

Can you comment on the use (or not) of yeast in pizza crust? Recall that on your pizza post a while back, I was impressed with your starter-based crust. Then I asked about how others make crust without yeast. Therefore, I wonder how it isn't just a block of baked paste...? Do you know? There's some Indian bread that is also puffy (not Naan) but without yeast as well, and I'm buggered if I can figure it out.

Happy Valentine's Day...hope it was a good one! XO

Sheri said...

catching up and just had to say i love this post. this is exactly how i feel at this moment, and i won't bore you with the details (other than that my socks are BOTH on but dirty and moist).