Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, February 25, 2008

Other people's food


It wasn't until Lindsey's post on celeriac that I noticed the Coop sells it at all. Added to a pot roast (chuck, my favorite) it was a tasty alternative to potatoes. I reduced the roasting juices with a splash of scotch for a good long time to make a deep, dark, evil gravy.


JaneAnne posted two roast chicken recipes. I never tire of roast chicken. Since I'd just bought a poulet rouge fermier I tried out the first recipe with thyme, parsley, leeks split lengthwise, whole garlic cloves, and little fingerling potatoes that tasted like Yukon golds. Mmmm, melty leeks. This was delectable although, fancy bird notwithstanding, it pretty much tasted like chicken.

2 comments:

Swizzies said...

Celeriac is my favorite veg ever. It's great half-n-half in mashed potatoes. It's lovely half-n-half with potatoes in a gratin as well. And it's yummy in every form I've ever had it in. Yum.

Cafe Johnsonia said...

That sounds so good, Adriana. I've been dreaming of pot roast with potatoes browned around the meat, but I think I'm going to take a cue from you and do celeriac instead.