Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Brussels sprout salad


I mentioned tasting a Brussels sprout salad at Lupa. It was my favorite of the appetizers and looked simple to copy. In fact, in replicating this dish at home I simply adapted Melissa Clark's kale salad.

I chopped about 8 sprouts thinly, crosswise first, then chopped again into short ribbons. The dressing was about 1/4 cup olive oil (I like a grassy, peppery olive oil), juice from one lemon, and a big pile of grated Parmesan cheese. Crack a little pepper over the whole thing.

And there you go! That with the lentils and some boiled fingerling potatoes makes a veg-loving dinner.

By the way, for a sharp review of the Food Buzz dinner at Lupa see Yvo's post at Feisty Foodie.

No comments: