Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blogger goes AWOL

Just when I was wondering how long I'd be stuck indoors, UPS delivered and a friend called me for a play date in the park. I've been out ever since. It was spring break, which means I could finally take Jasper to Field Trip to the Moon. Once we returned back to Planet Earth, though, it was so gorgeous out we had to spend the rest of the day in Central Park. Other highlights include the Dwell Studio sample sale (haven't seen that many pregnant women in one room since prenatal yoga), Jasper's friend's birthday party, which went one late into the evening, a cocktail reception with Lane at MOMA, and Jasper's first Broadway play, Mary Poppins.

I think I cooked once -- I threw a browned ham roast into the crock pot (I guess we're calling them "slow cookers" now) with dried apricots, preserved lemons, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, and chicken stock for a few hours while we went out to play. And I made my own strained yogurt! Can't find organic, thick, Greek-style yogurt? Just pour plain yogurt over cheesecloth in a cup. Let it strain in the refrigerator overnight.

Meanwhile... I loved Luisa's Earth Day post, and Sheri's column in Edible Sacramento.

No comments: