Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More on snacking

Here's what I've been snacking on lately:

Dr. Kracker -- the Coop does carry it, after all! Love it.

Sprout Creek Farm Ouray cheese: little sharp, fun grainy texture, wonderful farm-fresh flavor.

Siggi's Icelandic yogurt: I've been seeing this (new?) yogurt everywhere. It's a thick, strained yogurt like Greek yogurt, only made from the milk of grass-fed cows. I've only tried the plain with some honey stirred in so far. I can't believe how rich and lucious this low-fat yogurt is.

Pink lady apples: I like these almost as much for the rosy hue as for the sweet-tart flavor.

Pinapple: why not? It's organic. I chopped it up and it's there in the refrigerator, waiting for whenever I need a refreshing moment. I think I may need to get some cottage cheese to go with -- I love that combination.

So there I was, ready for responsible snacking, when PMS hit. Suddenly I found myself buying potato chips AGAINST MY WILL! I've got to think somehow that Kettle Spicy Thai is good for the hormone fluctuations. Aren't spices floating in fat kind of, like, balancing?

And for the big day, I'll be treating myself to a dark, eeeeeeeevil brownie from Brooklyn's own Baked. Hopefully I'll find their "sweet and salty," though their "original deep dark" will definitely do the trick. Seriously, I don't know why pharmaceutical companies don't buy our shares of local bakeries. If I were a gynecologist I'd write out prescriptions for those brownies all the time.

3 comments:

Hevansrich said...

I'm so glad to hear you are eating chips along with your healthy "snacks"!!
and, I don't know beans about blogging (although I plan to learn, starting next fall!) but have you tried using Firefox over Safari? We have a Mac also and the Firefox seems more updated than Safari for it.

Luisa Perkins said...

Embrace the evil!

But all your 'virtuous' snacks are mighty fine as well.

Adriana Velez said...

Yes, I use Firefox on the newer, but currently damaged, laptop. It's the bomb! But it also uses up a lot more memory and the little, old-fashioned laptop I'm using during repairs can't handle it.

I look forward to the Hevansrich blog!