Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pink sangria

I'll be posting an update on the tomato situation soon, but in the meantime... Pink Sangria! Ole!


So, you've had the various red sangrias and you've had the various white sangrias. Last night we had some good friends over for dinner and I made pink sangria.

1 bottle rose
1 liter pink grapefruit juice
1/2 cup triple sec
1 lime in slices
1 handful of raspberries

I loved it. To my palate it was just tart enough but plenty sweet. To Lane's it was too tart, so he added blueberry jam (of all the...!). Anyway, I wasn't sure the combination of rose and grapefruit would work, but the triple sec really ties it together well. If it's too tart for you, might I suggest some agave syrup or just simple syrup instead of blueberry jam?

Sorry there's not picture. We drank it all.

No comments: