Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Casa Bonia, redux


All right, Casa Bonita is gross. I admit it. It's a tourist trap and it will suck away your money and leave you sick and numb. But I suffer from Casa Bonia Nostalgia, having gone there approximately 200 times while growing up, and I wanted Jasper to experience the magic. My 18-year-old nephew came along, too.

Lane complained almost the entire time. He is not a believer. This time I ordered some "green chile enchiladas," which were bean burritos with some sort of sauce. They actually weren't that bad with some lettuce, guacamole, and sour cream added. Jasper ordered the burger with fries and then ignored his own food, eating all of my Mexican rice instead.

The margaritas made me shudder. I managed to acquire the recipe. Note bene:

2 cups high fructose corn syrup
50 Tablespoons citric acid
20 ice cubes
1 cup water
1/2 cup cheapest tequila available


As usual, we loved the sopapillas.

Soon after we were seated a vendor approached us, made eye contact with Jasper, and forced us to buy the Most Horrible Toy Ever Invented: a plastic, chrome-painted space blaster with stroke-inducing flashing lights and loud, headache-inducing noises. Thanks, vendor lady!


Casa Bonita ranks among the top 5 favorite activities in Colorado for Jasper. He loved it as much as Cartman did. Lane told him they're tearing the building down this fall so this will be our last visit.

2 comments:

Swizzies said...

LMAO at that recipe!! You crack me up, A. :-D Also LOLing at Lane's wee tall tale of the building getting demolished... Creative parenting, good on ya.

Paul O'Brian said...

I gotta say... I'm with Lane.