Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

CSA recipes: zucchini pancakes

Speaking of KS's zucchini pancakes, here's the recipe. She let me have it for the CSA article, but, sniff sniff, well you know.

Corn and zucchini pancakes

kernels from two cooked ears corn
2 med. zucchinis, grated on largest box grater, salted 30 min., then twist-squeezed in towel to remove liquid
1/2 c milk with
one egg, beaten into milk
1/2 chopped sweet onion or small bunch scallions, cut on bias
1 c. goat cheese (or equivalent of grated cheddar cheese)
1 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder

Mix together corn, zucchini, milk, egg, onion, and cheese. In another, larger bowl sift together dry ingredients. Combine and stir together. Fry in med-hot non-stick skillet with a bit of oil till golden brown and crisp on outside.

1 comment:

ks said...

Thanks for reminding me of my own recipe! Though like you, I'd probably rather have really good Indian or Ethiopian food instead. Colorado corn seems to be the best available here in MO, which I don't fully understand. Perhaps you can explain why CO corn is so dang good????

I had Box Elder County corn last week in Utah...not as good as previous years but a close second to the Colorado corn I buy here in St. Louis.