Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, August 03, 2008

I succumb to a meme

Sue from Food Network Musings tagged me with this meme. I was naughty and substituted questions I didn't like with new ones.

1. Last Movie You Saw In A Movie Theater?
Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D with Jasper (better than I thought it would be)

2. What Book Are You Reading? Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Sarsson -- I lucked into an advance copy. It was a hit in Europe and will be available in the US in September. I've been reading chic lit all summer and this is crime fiction, so I'm adjusting to the abrupt change. Oh yes, and it does start slowly. If I ever get past the first 50 pages I'm sure it'll pick up.

3. Favorite Board Game? I used to like Scrabble but last time I played I hit Lane in the head with a tile and now he won't play with me anymore.


4. Favorite Magazine? Loved Saveur for a long time, now love Edible Brooklyn. Also love Cookie and Domino. Can't live without the New Yorker.

5. Favorite Smells? Linden blossoms, vetiver, cedar, boxwood, lilacs, hyacinths, sandalwood, jasmine, the eucalyptus groves of Palo Alto, roast/grilled meat, fresh bread, baking anything, lemon/lime blossoms

6. Favorite Sounds? Good music, low murmur of NPR, birds in the morning, burbling water

7. Worst Feeling In The World? Back labor

8. First Thing You Think of When You Wake Up? Where am I? What day is it?

9. Favorite Fast Food Place? In-n-Out Burger, though I hear Fat Burger is even better


10. If allergies/room/care were not an issue, what pet would you have? Bernese hound, Abyssinian cat

11. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money, I’d…
(eye roll) Buy a brownstone in my neighborhood, pay for someone else to renovate it beautifully and quickly, invest, invest, invest, donate to favorite charities, travel, eat excessively well, private yoga and pilates lessons every day, endless dance classes at Mark Morris, pay someone to clean up my kitchen every night, how much money are we talking about, anyway?

12. What did you eat for dinner tonight? KS's zucchini pancakes with tomatoes and strawberries

13. What do you wish you'd eaten for dinner? Ethiopian food from Ghenet

14. Movie you love watching over and over again? Paris, je t'aime, What's Up Doc

15. What Was Your First Car? Banana yellow Ford Fairmont station wagon

16. Favorite Drink? Today it's Campari, but I also love Hendrick's gin, any good scotch, and wine of all sorts, also dark & stormy and that fantastic Japanese pickletini from Bar Q

17. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a lime, I Would... add it to another dark & stormy

18. What do you fear? Boredom, bad food, clutter

19. If You could Dye Your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be? blue

20. Name All the Different Cities In Which You Have Lived. Born in Denver, spent formative years in some spectacularly dull suburbs, escaped to New York City, brief stint in Spanish beach town

21. Favorite Sport to Watch? My cat chasing a cicada

22. One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You? She knows a damn lot about cooking

23. What’s Under Your Bed? Drawers hiding our dirty laundry


24. What are you currently hoping for? Landslide victory for Obama, apartment swap with former neighbors now living in Rome, a wonderful year for Jasper in pre-k

25. Morning Person or Night Owl? Neither -- I'm a sleep person.

26. Over Easy or Sunny Side Up? poached

27. Favorite Place to Relax? Home


28. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Current favorite is Blue Marble's machta green tea, any flavor from Trois Pommes

I tag the Scaries and anyone else who has the time...

4 comments:

Kate The Great said...

Fav Board Game: That sounds like something I would do. only I'd be goofing off/flirting, not being furiously mad. It's akin to me dumping water on J's head in a restaurant where I was hilariously hyper.

The Eucalyptus groves of Palo Alto, huh? Sounds intriguing. You'll have to point me in the right direction.

The low murmur of NPR: I know exactly how that sounds. It'sa similar to the sound of an occupied library. Full of students, not of kids.

Your dinner sounds divine. Tomatoes and Strawberries, eh?

Swizzies said...

Doh. I've NEVER dumped a game I was losing. Never.

*Blush*

I love memes...I'm weird that way. Yours is very fun, A. :-)

Sue said...

Loved it. And I loved your rebellious spirit in doing whatever the heck you wanted to!

I hope you get your Rome apartment, I forgot about In 'N Out Burger, but what about Pink's?

I liked the "What did you have dinner?" question. I would have no problem lying if I had had something unseemly.

Sue said...

Oh, I forgot...you are sooooooooooooooooooooooo right about back labor...